Dr Lawrence Khoo Shih Wee
MBBS (Singapore), MRCP (UK), FAMS (Dermatology)
Dr Khoo is a consultant dermatologist with more than 10 years of experience in dermatology practice. Prior to setting up private practice at Dermatology Associates in 2005, he was a senior consultant with the National Skin Centre, taking care of psoriasis, photodermatology and phototherapy clinics, and overseeing the development of subspecialty clinics and educational programs for medical practitioners and the public.
Besides general dermatological practice, he was specifically trained and has special interest in the care of psoriasis patients, patients requiring phototherapy, aesthetic and laser surgery. He was trained in the world renowned Massachusetts General Hospital (teaching hospital for Harvard Medical School) in Boston, spending time in the Wellman’s Laboratory which has pioneered many of the special light sources and lasers used in dermatological and aesthetic practices.
Despite his busy clinical schedules, he was actively involved in medical education (where he was a clinical tutor for dermatology with the National University of Singapore) and research in dermatology. At Dermatology Associates, he will continue his services for patients with general dermatological conditions, patients with psoriasis, photodermatology, and aesthetic dermatological needs.
Education and training experiences:
- Graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1989 with basic medical degree, MBBS (NUS).
- Completed postgraduate training in Internal Medicine and awarded MRCP (UK) by the Royal College of Physicians in 1993.
- Completed training in Dermatology at the National Skin Centre in 1997.
- Completed clinical fellowship, with special interests in phototherapy and laser surgery at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, in 1998.
- Awarded Fellowship by the Academy of Medicine of Singapore in 1999.